Monday, November 7, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Tacos

I hit a home-run the other day.  I received a pat on the back & an "atta-girl."  I made Buffalo Chicken Tacos.  I usually associate chicken wings with 3 things: guys, beer & football.  I'm not a huge fan of eating meat off the bone- something about it just grosses me out.  So I don't particularly LOVE chicken wings.  When I found this recipe...I immediately knew it'd be a big hit.  I'd like it because it was chicken off the bone, and my hubby would love it because well...he's a guy, he was drinking beer & of course he watching football.  We both really enjoyed these tacos!



{Buffalo Chicken Tacos}
recipe via here

Ingredients

1 pound chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
⅓ cup flour
3 tablespoon cornstarch
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce (Frank’s Buffalo Wing - NOT red hot sauce) , plus extra for garnishment
1 Tablespoon olive oil
10 6-inch yellow corn tortillas

Toppings:
Shredded butter Lettuce
Diced onions mixed with cilantro
Avocado slices
Ranch dressing
Green onions, sliced thinly
Cheddar Cheese

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.

In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, cayenne, and garlic powder. Season the chicken pieces with pepper, then dredge in the flour mixture.

Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and once it gets hot, add chicken and cook on both sides – about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Once the chicken is done, remove from heat toss with ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce.

Warm tortillas.  Top with all toppings.  Drizzle with small amout of ranch dressing. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment